Northwest Indiana Surgical Malpractice Attorney
Surgical Errors And Medical Malpractice
Surgeons, nurses and anesthesiologists have a duty to perform surgery with the utmost care, yet half of the medical errors reported to the Indiana Department of Health in 2015 were surgical in nature. Leaving a foreign object behind in a patient and surgery performed on the wrong body part were the second and third most-reported errors in Indiana, respectively. Alcohol abuse, lapses in judgment, inexperience and simple mistakes can have grave consequences for a surgical patient. Theodoros & Rooth, P.C., is here to help those who have suffered harm as the result of surgical errors. Our Northwest Indiana surgical malpractice attorneys take on cases involving:
- Surgeries performed on the wrong body part
- Surgeries where foreign objects are unintentionally left within the body
- Surgeries performed on the wrong person
- Wrong surgical procedures performed on a patient
- Surgeries causing damage to other internal organs
- Poor pre-operative planning on the part of the health care provider
- Prolonged surgeries
- Anesthesia overdoses
- Unnecessary surgeries performed because of misdiagnoses
- Lack of proper post-operation care
- Failure to diagnose and treat post-operative infection
- Lack of consent prior to surgery
Call 219-733-8633 for a free review of your malpractice claim.
Despite Surgery’s Inherent Risks, You Are Entitled To Proper Care
It is important to recognize that all surgeries, no matter how minor, carry some risk. You may be allergic to medication, suffer from unforeseen complications while on the operating table, or develop a blood clot or another issue during rehabilitation. This can occur even when you are properly treated. If any error or mistake was made, however, you can pursue damages to cover pain and suffering, lost wages, additional medical care, and all other costs or losses related to your injuries. Our Northwest Indiana surgical malpractice lawyers are sensitive to the frustration you feel and will do everything possible to hold negligent parties accountable. While we provide compassionate assistance to our clients, we are vigorous advocates for your rights when at the negotiation table or in court.
To schedule a free consultation with an attorney from our firm and to find out more about our services, call 219-733-8633 or email us.