Merrillville Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Serving Northwest Indiana
Promoting Rider Safety And Protecting Injured Riders’ Rights
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Has a loved one been injured, or have you lost a family member in a motorcycle collision? Theodoros & Rooth, P.C., is here to help you through this difficult time. While we know that dealing with an insurance claim or lawsuit after such an incident can be overwhelming, it may be your only way to recover financial compensation to pay medical bills, repair your bike, and cover your living expenses while you are injured and unable to work. A Merrillville motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm can offer you compassionate guidance and skilled legal representation. When you call for a free consultation, we will provide honest answers to your questions and insight that applies to your unique accident and concerns. We will work with you to determine how to approach your claim so you know what to expect. From there, we will use our resources, reputation and experience to pursue the best possible outcome.
Interested in learning more? Call 219-733-8633 for a free case review with our motorcycle accident attorneys in Merrillville, Indiana. We proudly serve Northwest Indiana.
Properly Valuing Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
An important part of handling a motorcycle accident claim is determining its full and fair value. While it is true that there is no amount of money that could possibly “compensate” a person for suffering a catastrophic injury or losing a loved one in a motorcycle collision, recovering a fair settlement or award can go a long way in bringing a victim peace of mind and helping them face a more stable future. In valuing a claim, our motorcycle accident attorneys, investigators and support staff will:
- Carefully review all medical records, bills and documents to ascertain the physical impact the accident has had and will have on your life
- Determine how much work you missed and how your injuries have influenced and will continue to influence your ability to earn a living
- Consider the emotional impact of your injuries or loss, such as pain and suffering, loss of companionship and loss of enjoyment of life
- Analyze damage to your motorcycle to determine repair or replacement costs, taking into account aftermarket parts or modifications
Once we have determined your claim’s fair value, we can work to negotiate an accident settlement or fight for a jury award in civil court.
What Is The Number One Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents?
The number one cause of motorcycle accidents is other motorists failing to spot a motorcyclist in traffic, whether while making an unprotected left-hand turn, changing lanes, passing other vehicles or failing to stop in time. Motorcyclists are much less noticeable on the road, meaning they are more vulnerable to accidents if they are not careful. Other common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Lane splitting
- Colliding with fixed objects
- Road hazards including loose gravel or dirt