Because of the large size and enormous weight of semis, 4-wheelers, 18-wheelers, and other trucks, trucking accidents typically cause terrible damage to the people involved. A serious trucking accident in Indiana can drastically affect a person's life, requiring hospitalization, surgery, expensive medical bills, lost wages, pain and emotional trauma, and sometimes even the wrongful death of loves ones.
Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Truck driver negligence
- Truck driver fatigue
- Blind spots
- Use of drugs or alcohol
- Poor road or weather conditions
- Defective trucks
- Improper truck maintenance
- Improperly loaded trucks
- Spilled loads
You and your family can help avoid serious trucking accidents by giving trucks ample room to turn or change lanes, staying out of blind spots, and generally staying clear of trucks on the road.What to do if you have been in a trucking accident in Lake County or Porter County
As a automobile & trucking accident law firm, we at Theodoros & Rooth, P.C are dedicated to helping the victims of trucking accidents and their families. After a truck accident, there are a few crucial steps that an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Indiana will recommend you take:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you do not immediately notice serious injuries, you may still suffer from internal damage or traumatic brain injury (TBI). In many instances, it can take days or weeks for TBI to symptoms to appear.
- Make a record of the accident scene. If possible, note all aspects of an accident scene, including causes, road conditions, signs, weather conditions, and the state of the truck driver and truck. Taking photos and talking to witnesses are also helpful.
- Hire an experienced Lake County & Porter County trucking accident lawyer . A lawyer is your best defense against insurance companies and any possible legal claims against you. An experienced attorney helps you identify the responsible trucking company, handle insurance coverage issues, and even file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your harm.
Committed to justice and patient safety for injury victims since 1988
Located across the street from the Methodist Hospital in Merrillville, Indiana, the injury law firm of Theodoros & Rooth, P.C. stands by your side through every step of your case. We are located just 30 miles outside Chicago. Call us at (219) 212-2462 or contact us online to tell us about your injury. We look forward to speaking with you.